Russell Bedford - UK & Ireland
UK Government Funding For Those Affected By Brexit
HMRC has announced that businesses will be able to apply for grants to help fund training and IT improvements connected with completion of customs declarations, in preparation for the UK leaving the EU.
To apply for a training grant, a business must either:
- Complete customs declarations for itself or someone else (or intend to in the future); or
- Import from, or export to the EU and complete customs declarations (or intend to complete customs declarations in the future).
The grant will give up to 50% of the cost of training for employees, up to a limit of £750 for each employee on a course.
An IT improvements grant is also available, to qualify a business must:
Currently complete customs declarations for importers and exporters,
- Have less than 250 employees,
- Have an annual turnover of £50m or less.
- The grant will be worth up to €200,000 to buy software, as well as necessary hardware and setup costs, for completing customs declarations.
You can apply for both grants if required and applicable.